Latest Pictures of Dillan

Saturday, June 7, 2008

The Joy of pregnancy

We are now 5 weeks pregnant and I think we've got this whole thing pretty much figured out....ok not even close.

About mom
I'm feeling better now, although still very tired. My belly has grown a bit, but I think part of it is water weight and bloating. I've grown out of a few pairs of pants and bought some maternity pants, although they are still really baggy (but man are the comfortable!)

About Nomi
This week Nomi is about 2mm long, will grow some limb buds as well as a mouth, jaw and esophagus. Also, Nomi's face and scull are starting to form.

The coolest thing is that by this time next week, Nomi's heart will have started to beat and there will be a very primitive circulatory system. I know the same development brought us all into this world, but already I'm so proud of how my little one is working to grow!

Why the name Nomi?
Maybe you aren't aware of how closely Luke and I follow politics or how involved my family is in politics (mostly we are just involved in debating random subjects). Well, we've decided that instead of calling or baby IT or jumping between he and she, we'll just call him/her The Presumptive Presidential Nominee for 2068 or Nomi for short. Other nicknames include Cletus the Fetus and Mr. T.

Revisiting how Mom feels
As I wrote the last paragraph, I caught of a whiff of something Nomi didn't like. I have officially passed nausea and am now getting sick.

Love you all. Hope you are having a great day!

No comments: